Thursday, April 29, 2010

Marvin - The Paranoid Android

I fell in love with Marvin, the manic depressive robot when I watched The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the first time. He is big but so so cute!


Last week, I tried making an amigurumi version of Marvin.

Work-in-progress...

After crocheting and taking apart countless times, it's finally done...

It's not perfect yet, but I just got so sick of re-doing it again. So this will do!

Marvin,"Pardon me for breathing, which I never do any way so I don't know why I bother to say it, oh God, I'm so depressed."

He is so depressingly funny! I love him!

4 comments:

  1. Was it difficult to do? And could you tell me number of the loops, you used? Thank you :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I started his head with 6 stitches (crocheting in rounds) and then increase to 12 stitches next row, 18, 24, 36, then 4 rows of 36 and then decrease to 24 stitches next row, 18, 12, 6 and bind off. The body is slightly bigger and I think I started with 8 stitches first round, then 16, 24, 32, 40, then 4 rounds of 40 stitches, then decrease to 32, 24, 16, 8 and bind off. The limps are 4 stitches first round, then 8, 12 and then around 5 or 6 rounds of 12 stitches and then decrease to 8, 4 and bind off. It was really simple to do, as long as you know how to crochet in rounds, increase and decrease, you can make him in any sizes you want! Let me know if you need me to clarify further.

      I'd write the pattern down for you if I can find this guy, but he went missing since we moved in Feb.... :(

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I have done amigurumis sometimes, and I just love Marvin <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marvin is adorable in his own pathetic way! :D Hope to see your version of Marvin!

      Delete