Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Curtain in Kiddos' Room

I chanced upon a piece of fabric on the STOFF & STIL catalogue and just couldn't get it off my mind. I am in to Japanese or Japanese-inspired designs on anything. I think they are sweet, cute and clean-lined. They're just elegantly simple.

This is the fabric which got stuck in my head for days before I decided to take action...


Isn't this just adorable?


This fabric is quite expensive, especially for me who does not have an income! It costs almost 80SEK (approximately US$11) per meter. I had lots of idea on how I want to use this fabric, bedsheet, pillow cases, blanket cover, curtains, bags, cushion covers... my goodness, I was driving myself crazy with excitement! (Getting abnormally excited over a piece of fabric is probably an indication that I need a real job...) I was considering for days if I should buy just 1 meter. However, what can I do with just 1 meter?

After another round of self-debate (debating with yourself is definitely another red flag!), I finally decided to go for 1 meter and make a new curtain for the kiddos' room. And the reasons behind this are: a) I love it so much that I just had to have it somehow and since 1m is the minimum I can order, I'll take it! b) a curtain is the safest and simplest project for my skill level. I mean, all it takes is just to measure, cut and sew in straight lines, for crying out loud!

And so, ta-dah! How cute is this?

Kiddos have never needed a curtain because there is a venetian blind mounted between the windows. And now they have a cute and pretty one to decorate the otherwise boring window!

And not forgetting these small, little pompoms to add on more cuteness!

2 comments:

  1. love it, did you make the pompoms yourself Sylvia?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. no lah! I bought them together with the fabric... so mini, so cute right?

    ReplyDelete