Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blast From The Past - Five Stones!

Having 4 kids in a small apartment on a raining day can get quite tortuous sometimes. So after I managed to get my youngest prince to take a nap, I came up with a crafting project for the older kids. I decided to introduce them to the game which I enjoyed playing when I was small - Five Stones
We began by cutting scrap fabric to get 5 5cm x 10cm rectangular pieces. And since both Prince J and my princess wanted to have their own, I cut 10 pieces. Then we fold the rectangular piece into half so that it look like a square. I taught them to do simple, small and straight stitches around 2 sides of the square to make a small bag.

It took some time and I thought that they would run out of patience!


but surprisingly, both of them finished stitching all the pieces!


Next we flipped the bags over to show the right side of the fabric.


And I put in the beans...


Fold down about 0.5cm and stitched the opening up (stitch it up so that it becomes a pyramid shape) and voila!


In anticipation of the future fights and arguments on which is whose, I've also made 2 small bags and stitched on the first letter of the names onto the bags for easy identification.


Now the kids have a new game (which needs lots of practice!) which they can bring around easily!

Here is a video to show how it is play.

No comments:

Post a Comment