Thursday, June 3, 2010

Old Jeans Made New!

My children wear jeans to school everyday (except princess who wears skirt occasionally), out to play with their friends and even at home (that's just because they're lazy to change into something else), therefore "hole-y" jeans are a common item in our family.

I usually just try my best to patch them up and try to make it look still decent enough to wear. However, after several patches, the area where the holes usually appear (it's always at the knee...) becomes so big that it's just ridiculous to continue patching!

So far I've made a bag and a pair of shorts for my princess from her old jeans. And last week, she came to me with another pair... what should I make this time?

This was what I had...


After cutting...


Patching...


And using the left-over fabric from the legs...


Sew them up, pinned some ruffles and sew onto end of the skirt...


And voilà!


I've also crocheted some flowers and chain-stitched the letter "A" in my attempt to enhance the skirt.


Princess was very happy with the result and that's my reward! ^_^

1 comment: